There are various types of hearing loss. Below are four of the most common.
Sensorineural (Inner Ear) Hearing Loss
The most common hearing loss is Sensorineural, aka, inner ear loss. Factors such as age and exposure to loud noise are typical causes of Sensorineural hearing loss.
Conductive Hearing Loss
Conductive hearing loss is a reduction of sound level or inability to hear faint sounds.
Conductive hearing loss possible causes:
- Ear infections
- Foreign body in the ear canal
- Fluid in the middle ear
- Allergies with fluid buildup in middle ear
- Poor eustachian tube function
- Earwax buildup
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Infection in the ear canal
Mixed Hearing Loss
Mixed hearing loss is the combination of conductive hearing loss and sensorineural hearing loss.
Central Hearing Loss
Central hearing loss is a rare form of hearing impairment that is situated in the central nervous system. Some people may hear perfectly well but will have difficulty comprehending what is being said.
The Feldman Hearing Studio offers hearing aids to fit every hearing loss and lifestyle.
Feldman ENT Division is proud to be the only ENT practice in the DC area to offer the Earlens® Hearing Aid!
- Earlens is the only hearing aid that directly vibrates the eardrum through a custom Lens
- Amplifies a wider range of frequencies than traditional hearing aids, for improved sound quality and clarity
- Earlens was named to Time Magazine's list of Best Innovations of 2020
- Click here to see Dr. Seth Oringher's interview on NBC Washington regarding Earlens technology
The Feldman ENT Group and The Feldman Hearing Studio hosted an Earlens training summit for ENTs and audiologists from throughout the country to provide training on this game changing technology. We are excited to share this breakthrough technology with our patients. To schedule your free demonstration of the revolutionary Earlens technology call: 240-235-0300
Do you have a hearing loss? If so, please click the link below to visit The Feldman Hearing Studio.